Indian cricketers with top Yo-Yo test scores
Fitness plays an important role in the current era. Earlier, fitness was not at all considered a standard to determine players' talent. But nowadays, a player needs to clear the yo-yo test in order to represent the Indian national cricket team. BCCI introduced the yo-yo test to determine the endurance of players. Had BCCI introduced this test earlier, the cricket fraternity would not have witnessed the likes of Sachin Tendulkar, Sourav Ganguly, Rahul Dravid, Virender Sehwag, VVS Laxman and other important players.
Over the years, some Indian players have put on weight by gaining a few kilos and they failed to clear the fitness test. Earlier, Rohit Sharma was body shames for gaining some kilos in the lockdown. He was asked to work out on his fitness and shed some kilos in order to join the Indian team. There are some players who scored well in the fitness test. Let's take a look at the list of players who performed well in the yo-yo test.
7. Rishabh Pant Rishabh Pant is slowly turning out to be the first-choice wicketkeeper-batsman for India. He is known for his batting and wicketkeeping skills. He managed to score 17.3 in yo-yo test.
6. Ashish Nehra Ashish Nehra played under the captaincy of Sourav Ganguly and MS Dhoni. The former left-arm pacer scored 18.5 in fitness test. He also reportedly told the media reporters that fitness test was quite easy as a pacer.
5. Hardik Pandya Hardik Pandya has been a productive all-rounder for Team India over the years. He is a terrific fielder and has taken incredible catches in his career. He scored 19 in yoyo test.
4. Virat Kohli The Indian captain Virat Kohli is the best batsman in the world. Time and again he told that his fitness transformed his batting. He scored 19 in fitness test.
3. Manish Pandey The Indian cricketer Manish Pandey has been a livewire on the field. Be it international or domestic cricket, he has pulled off sensational catches in his career. He scored 19.2 in yoyo test.
2. Mayank Dagar It is good to see new names in the list. Mayank Dagar scored 19.3 in the yoyo test which is more than senior cricketers. The cricketer from Himachal Pradesh failed to make it into the national squad.
1. Ahmad Banday Ahmad Banday is ranked No.1 in the list. The Jammu and Kashmir batsman managed to score 19.4 in the fitness test, which is the best score by any Indian player.